What is your relationship with your in-laws like?

Asked by Jenn5142 at 3:56 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• amazing! we dont speak to each other :) its a great feeling

Answer by akalei at 3:57 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Very good, I am lucky.

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• with my mother-n-law. horrible! we have never gotten along and prob never will. its a love/hate relationship! but i do respect her. seems like she is jelous of me. my husband brags on my cooking all the time. she says well u never ate it here! and he tells her cause u can cook! i just smile and go on. :)

Answer by momof2lildivas at 3:59 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Were frenemies

Answer by gemgem at 4:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Friendly with MIL, we talk 3 or 4 times a week, but I don't have a lot of respect for her and would never trust her to care for my kids. FIL is mostly non-existent. He doen't talk to me or DH much (coupe of times a year).

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:06 PM on May. 17, 2011

• well i wouldnt know cause both my inlaws passed away so i didnt get the chance to meet them

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:10 PM on May. 17, 2011

• im lucky enough to have 2 MILs (just explained in another post).... Step mom who raised dh and bio who left him when he was 3, then came back around when he was a teen. the bio MIL is a complete B! We can't stand each other and my dh doesn't even like her. My mom hates her most of all, its funny. Although, MILs boyfriend, which she has had for about 20 years, is the most amazing guy in the world and probably my favorite in-law. My other MIL is nice and respectful. We get along fine.

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:12 PM on May. 17, 2011

• NONE!!!! LOL, divorced the ex so no more relationship with the IL's. YIIIIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!

Answer by lucky35 at 4:16 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Friendly with MIL - she didn't get along with DH's 1st wife and I'm a less confrontational person.

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:17 PM on May. 17, 2011

• they like me. They are ok. It's not that we have a bad relationship they are just extremely BORING. I can only handle about 5 minutes of talking with them because they have nothing to say. I typically hear the same 4-5 stories every time I see them and it has been 7 years now! It is so strange because DH and I really enjoy being around my parents. Enough to take vacations with them and we have a good time. The IL's have just lived such sheltered lives even DH doesn't like spending alot of time with them.