How would you deal with this? Asked before in parenting today...

I asked this in parenting like I said,but I need to go in this afternoon and speak to these people at school...Okay my daughter told me some kids made up some games at school for each day of the week,the games are bad,I'll try to name the ones I can think of at the top of my head,theirs thump a boob thursday,only the girls can thump each other,then the boys have whacka weiner wednesday, but as you can see inappropriate behavior. Maybe they are all fun and games but, some girls are claiming my daughter touched their breast and who knows what else they will say. My daughter was also being blamed for the game and she told me she didn't it was never her idea. She is telling me she also didn't touch any other girls,she did do it to her friends,and her friends did it to her. Apparently my daughter is gonna be charged with sexual assault or harrassment, she is scared and told me she swears she didn't do anything wrong. I told her as long as she is telling the truth then she doesnt need to worry. My neighbor next door has teenagers and she thinks that my daughter will be okay to just go in and convince the school that it was all meant to be harmless. How wold you deal with this? She might get suspended and school gets out the 26th. She could be accused of sexual assault or harassment,and it wasn't meant to be that way it was a game some girls made up. These girls were confronted and they are pointing the finger at my 13 yr old daughter. I'm sick to my stomach and can't think straight,I'm trying to help her all I can. I can't deal with this type of situation at all. Their could very well be a cop come to the school and maybe arrest her. She is on probation till december and for something stupid she did and regrets. But this she is innocent on and they could throw her in detention.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like you have a problem. They aren't going to go lightly on her considering she's already on probation. Her best bet is to name names and give as much information as possible. You probably should have consulted a lawyer.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:21 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Who told? I mean there are much more worse things that kids do like the chocking game. Maybe you can convince them that although it was an inappropriate game that it was harmless game ,that a lot of kids participated in I'm 100% sure, but should not be deemed to this much punishment.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 4:23 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh geez sorry to hear that. She's 13! Well I would say even if they put her in a troubled teen school to get her some counseling. It will help.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 10:48 PM on May. 17, 2011

• p.s. thank you to those who responded.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:13 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh no, mama :(

I actrually wouldn't have worried about it so much, but the probation thing might be a big issue. I think thi smay have to be documented and reported to her probation officer . . . .

If I were in your shoes, I would shedule a meeting with the P and VP to talk about the circumstances. You daughter will pribably have to give names, so that the whole group can be disciplined accordingly. But, if she is not behind it, she shouldn't be taking all of the blame alone.

I think your daughter's best step would be to tell the truth. Let them know that she thought about it, and can see why people are upset now. She should say that she didn't see that before, because it was supposed to be a funny game. She should say that she has learned her lesson, and will never do something like that again.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:19 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Go in and talk to them and tell the truth. Let her tell her side. I almost guarantee she will have alt. school for a few weeks if anything. I don't think too much will come of it. She should be fine. I doubt cops will be pulled into it, but, if they are, let them know everything.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I'm pulling my dd (just turned 10) out of public school at the end of this year... They play the exact same games in 4th grade. I'm pissed! My child has also been bullied all year, and the school refuses to put a stop to it. I'm done. I'm going to be homeschooling from now on!
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 5:01 PM on May. 17, 2011

• You parents better make sure you talk to your kids about inappopriate behavior touching,poking,anything. They suspended her till january of 2012. She will go to a school for troubled kids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:30 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Have you talked/ write a letter to the school's board or the school's district president.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 8:31 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I went to the school board,,they said cause of her record they are doing this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:37 PM on May. 17, 2011