Was this fair? Yes or No?

We had a hard time paying for our mortgage. I had money saved up and my mom gave me $100 for helping with my dad while he was sick one day. In total $250 was the amount of money I gave my husband to help for the mortgage. He promised to give back $100 that he told to keep for myself and not for bills or mortage. He keeps telling me every week he does not have it, But yet will take out money and say it is for us meanwhile he goes to an ehnic club to play cards and put gas. What do you think? I do not work and am a sahm. He has a gambling issue and still does! We filed for bankruptcy already but have our home and cars. Was this fair what he is doing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I honestly don't understand these types of questions. Really, why don't you just go take money out of the bank and spend it? Why do you wait for him to 'give' you money?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:48 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Sounds like you have bigger issues to deal with than him owing you $100.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:26 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Anon said it best! ya its unfair but wow you have some bigger issues to worry about.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:30 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Have you explained that you're suffering because of his gambling? Can you leave and stay with your mom until he gets his priorities straight?
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:32 PM on May. 17, 2011

• It doesn't sound fair to me.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:25 PM on May. 17, 2011

• but to answer your questions... NO
    Mel_in_PHX

• If he has a gambling problem and you have had to claim bankruptcy you have other issues to worry about other than $100.00. I would consider telling him to get help or you will be leaving. Until he handles the gambling issue you will always be having money problems.
    Anonymous

• The bigger issue is his gambling. I so tired of the same old routine over and over. I am so spent
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:28 PM on May. 17, 2011

• You husband needs to be in treatment and abstain from the clubs and gambling. That is the bigger issue.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:29 PM on May. 17, 2011

• We pay our mortgage and have cars and even go on vacaton. We caught the bankruptcy early on. In fact the lawyer told us it would be alright.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:30 PM on May. 17, 2011