It's been 2 HOURS!!!!!

My 2yo daughter has not slept all day, she went to bed at 12am this morning, woke up at 6am. Wont nap, wont lay down. I would be happy if she just sat in her bed with the 3 books I left in the bed with her. Every time I go in there to tell her to get back in bed (there are no toys in her room at all) she screams and throws herself into the bed, sometimes hitting her head on the wall making her scream louder. I don't know what to do! I do not hit her but I do use a stern voice. I even went to tell her that I love her and she will start screaming before I finish. I know she is exhausted but she cannot get herself to sleep. She has never been this bad before and I am beyond frustrated, and at the end of things to try! HELP!!!! PLZ!!!!!

F43L34

Asked by F43L34 at 4:54 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• why make her lay in the bed? as long as she is staying in her room she is obeying "quiet time". she doesn't have to sleep but she does have to play quietly in her room. this is how i do it anyway... half the time if i let them be they will fall asleep.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:59 PM on May. 17, 2011

• could u put a radio in her room with some soothing music on it. that helped my DD when she was little
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 4:56 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My dd quit napping at one... She may not want to nap.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 4:57 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Do you think she is not feeling well??
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 4:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• If this is not normal for her then she may not feel well. It is possible she might have and ear ache or tummy ache and not be able to tell you. If it continues I would get her checked by a Dr.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 5:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I do this with my dd when she wakes in the night and is inconsolable. I will put a show on and turn off all the light's make the room as dark as possible except for the tv and just hold her and stroke her hair. Sometimes she falls asleep, other times she's just enjoying a cuddle with mommy. It might help you to because you are sounding pretty frustrated and rightly so.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 5:02 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I use a radio at night but this has never been an issue before. She is very cranky and I know she is sleepy because she keeps rubbing her eyes. The thing I am trying to avoid is holding her and putting her to sleep. She has been sleeping on her own since she was a year old. She is not acting any differently than this sleeping issue so I do not believe she is feeling poorly. I should share the whole story... She didn't start acting this way till she got back from spending a week with her grandparents. They so not make her nap in bed, she falls asleep when ever. They sleep with her at night for fear that she will get up and do other things. I had her on a schedule before she went, and in one week everything went out the window!
    F43L34

Comment by F43L34 (original poster) at 5:11 PM on May. 17, 2011

• is she sick?
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 6:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Have you tried giving her a warm bath and small snack. I do that with my nieces and nephews and my 3 month old son (baby gets a small bottle) when they have problems getting to sleep. She is going to be off her schedule and overly anxious after spending a week away. Just try to be patient and You might also want to try just letting her play around in her room. she will eventually get bored and might just fall asleep.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 6:33 PM on May. 17, 2011

• bedtime is in 45 minutes. my SO is home and will be putting her down. I will let you guys know how it works out... Thank you so far for all your comments.
    F43L34

Comment by F43L34 (original poster) at 7:21 PM on May. 17, 2011