Does Anyone Use The Library Anymore?

It seems with the technology I have not been to one. I hear in some cases if you are so inclined you can access some library things from home or other portable devices. People now with their own Internet access it is not as popular, 2008 was the last time I used one.

sweet11-12

Asked by sweet11-12 at 5:01 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Technology

• I still checkout books from the library. It's free and they have tons of stuff.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 5:04 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I take my daughter once or twice a week for the storytime =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:03 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yep! I utilize it to study and use the internet for my classes when my internet is down at home.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 5:09 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I used it when we lived in California because we had an amazing library and it was so great to take the kids and just spend time there. We moved and where we are now has a lackluster library. I visited once and didn't bother getting a card. I hear other locals talking about our great library and just feel sorry for them that they don't have any better reference.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:11 PM on May. 17, 2011

• We don't go to the library and haven't in years.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:14 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I worked at a very busy library branch for several years and can't imagine anyone studying successfully at it! I generally find what I want before I leave home, run into the library, grab and checkout my books, and run out again.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 5:20 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes I go often. The library offers a lot more than books, at least mine does. I also prefer looking through all the different books. I don't have the patience to stare at the computer screen while looking for particular genres and I don't buy digital books, I don't use any portable devices to read so if I bought one I'd have to sit at a computer to read it and I prefer holding a real book as to reading something off a screen. There's also special events for the kids, movie rentals, and they offer reduced or free passes to local zoos, aquariums, amusement parks, and museums.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 7:35 PM on May. 17, 2011

• We go at least once a week, there is nothing that can replace books in our life.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:01 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I still go to the library but not as often as I ded when I was in school. I get DVD's and audio books most often.
    jenn_heidi

Answer by jenn_heidi at 11:29 AM on May. 18, 2011

• it has been a while now. Think the last time i used one was in Germany in 08 when it was harder to find books in english
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:02 PM on May. 17, 2011