Is it normal to get an odor?

TMI but i have developed an odor in my vaginal region. WHen I shower it goes away for an hour or so and then comes back??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Health

• time to see the doctor hun
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:11 PM on May. 17, 2011

• No. Not normal.
    Anonymous

• depends...

Is it a new odor?
    Is it repulsive/fishy/yeasty?
    Is it just a stronger smell?

yes, women are supposed to have a scent and sometimes that scent is strong, but, it isn't supposed to be fishy or yeasty or take your breath totally away.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:12 PM on May. 17, 2011

• what does it smel like and are you having any vaginal discharge?? i need as much info as you can give about it. and ill try my best to help :)

Every woman had their own ditinct smell make sure you know what that is, so that when there is a problem you will for sure know..,

Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 5:13 PM on May. 17, 2011

• If it's different enough for you to ask, then I would book an app. & see your Dr.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:17 PM on May. 17, 2011

• No discharge and Its definately an unpleasant smell. I've been spotting for over 8 months now because of the new birth control im on and i've just assumed it was partially from that. Its getting stronger every day though. I can litterally smell it when i pee. . Sorry guys. . TMI i know I just dont have insurance at the moment so I really dont wanna go to the Dr unless neccessary
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:19 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i think thats a job for the doctor to help ya on .. good luck
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 5:23 PM on May. 17, 2011

• is there like a community clinic in your area? one that charges fees based on your income? usually there is at least one in any decent-sized town. try the phone book. or call the department of social services, they usually have lists.

it could be nothing, but it could be something. only a doctor could tell for sure.

you could try to douche, but it might make things worse if you have an STD like herpies
    dr_oxner

Answer by dr_oxner at 5:24 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i would go to a drug store in you area, i know they have a test that you can do yourself to see ifyou have a vaginal infection of some sort and also a test you can take to see of you have a UTI i would take those and see what they say then go from there
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 5:32 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Probally BV
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 5:38 PM on May. 17, 2011