Know anything about twins? lol hcg levels, & at home urine tests..

ok im confused, lol anyway. my beta hcg level was "8" they said that would me at 3 days pregnant. so now im like a week pregnant. can at home tests pick up at 2 days pregnant? this guy i know asked me if it could be twins...because the at home tests being positive that early...what do you think? i know that might sound silly, but we do have twins in the family, so it is possible.lol please give me ur opinion.

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 5:14 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it is possible but you won't know until you go to the doctor.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 5:35 PM on May. 17, 2011

• If a test shows up with you only being a week pregnant than it could very possibly be twins because the pregnancy is putting out a lot of hormones. There is no sense in worrying about it right now because even an ultrasound wouldn't detect anything because it is so small. Give the pregnancy 5-6 weeks then go to the dr and ask him.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:37 PM on May. 17, 2011

• There is no real way to know unless the doc sees 2 heart beats on the ultrasound. I had very high early HcG levels with my last pregnancy. I asked pretty much the same question about twins to the nurse who told me the news. She said that we wouldn't know until the ultrasound but she had twins and her levels were 1/2 of what mine were. I had a single, thankfully. I couldn't imagine having to deal with him and another the exact age.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I have twins and though i dont know what my hcg levels were I did find out pretty early and without knowing that i was having twins could tell there was something "off" ... everything was exaggerated, physically and hormonally speaking... but yeah , wait for ultrasound , but watch yourself too... if you know yourself you may be able to get a sense if this is a "normal" pregnancy for you... but regardless it will overall have to wait to be confirmed via u/s ... if its what your hoping for , good luck, if not... well... get ready lol :)
    Mommy-2-B-of-3

Answer by Mommy-2-B-of-3 at 6:41 PM on May. 17, 2011

• you know what mandy i was thinking that yall might be having twins knowing that early lol
    xaviersmamacita

Answer by xaviersmamacita at 8:32 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I had twins and had no idea I was preggo until my 20 week ultrasound. My doctor didn't really have any idea either. I guess I'm not much help. Twins run on Justin's side of the family.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 8:49 PM on May. 17, 2011

• wait for the ultrasound...try not to get worked up!
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 1:14 AM on May. 18, 2011