What are somethings that I could make/do???

There is a lady that is a member of my ward(or church) whom I adore, and I just found out today that she isn't feeling well. I don't know how she is sick, or what her symptoms are, I just know that I want to do something to help. I can't think of anything on my own and so I am turning to all the other mothers out there that may have any suggestions. Please help!!! I am also looking for something that I could involve my kids in. They are 2 and 4.

chelcityrocks

Asked by chelcityrocks at 5:16 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• The kids could make handmade cards for her. You could fix her a bag of goodies, tissues, lotion, soap, etc. Our church has done that for nursing home residents a couple of years ago.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 5:19 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I like the above ideas. You could also bake some cookies and have your little ones help mix up the dough and portion it out onto the cookiesheet.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 5:24 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Y'all can make some casseroles or soups, place them in single serve containers and bring them over for her. That way she has some heat-and-eat meals. That's what my husband's ward(s) does for new mothers, about 3 days' worth of meals.

Y'all could also offer to do small chores for her too, if she's willing.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I have used the melty beads at walmart and made like angels ornaments or magnets.
    Amanda272011

Answer by Amanda272011 at 4:35 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Your children could make handmade cards for her. You could fix her a bag of goodies with tissues, lotion, soap(make sure you know if she has any allergies or not), etc; also casseroles or soups, place them in single serve containers and bring them over for her to put in the freezer and then take them out and heat as she is hungry; do some small chores for her--like taking out her trash, mowing her lawn, getting her mail and newspaper, run errands for her; maybe bring her a book that she could read.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:20 AM on May. 19, 2011