Can I use my Android phone to connect my Xbox 360 to the internet without also using a PC?

The phone is rooted, and I've installed Wireless Tether. I don't want my kid to hog up my phone AND the laptop, lol.

kasaloso

Asked by kasaloso at 5:17 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Technology

• You can set your driod to be a wireless router. I have used it to connect wirelessly to my laptop. If your XBox has a wireless connection feature (I am pretty sure it does, right?) you can. It takes a LOT of battery power, though, so make sure your phone is plugged in while your on the Xbox!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:29 PM on May. 17, 2011

• wow! good luck with that.
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 11:27 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I've tethered a phone to a laptop but then the phone burned out.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't know how you connect to the internet, or what your budget is, etc - but if you have a wireless router/gateway, then you can buy the wireless adapter for the 360 and connect directly to the device.  That's how we do it through AT&T U-verse (DSL internet & free wireless gateway)

BryzniFaye

Answer by BryzniFaye at 12:13 AM on May. 21, 2011