What do you feed your dog?

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 5:26 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Pets

• pedigree

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:27 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Science diet... used ukanuba for the longest time but it was getting harder and harder to find the one i used so I switched.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:28 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Kibbles and Bits dry ... it's the only thing she will eat.

Switch between Pedigree, Old Roy and Kibbles & Bits canned. Have to switch it up or she stops eating.

Of course it would help if her Daddy would stop slipping her something every time he eats .... *sigh*
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:44 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Raw bones, raw meat (rabbit, chicken, turkey), veggies and fruit that they like (which varies by dog), a vitamin supplement that I mix up myself (from a holistic vet's recipe), garlic/brewers yeast during flea months, and homemade peanut butter and oatmeal treats.

I use Borax and DE where they sleep. I do NOT do regular worming or flea treatment (don't believe that regular poisoning is healthy), and have them vet checked (full blood/parasite workup once or twice a year, depending on age). In the past 5 years none has tested positive for any worms and all are healthy.

I raise the rabbits and chickens myself, and next year plan to add turkeys as well.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:25 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Verus
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I usually rotate Taste of the Wild (it's grain-free), but this month I bought one a Canidae's new grain-free formulas (Pure Elements). I can't wait until the dogs try it. I refuse to feed my dogs anything with corn, wheat, soy, animal byproducts, fillers, or chemicals!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:59 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Purina One
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 12:07 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I used to feed them the best that money could buy. Now money's tight and I've had to go to a cheaper brand. :( If I had only one dog, I could still afford the best, but I have 7 and only two of them are smaller dogs.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:33 AM on May. 18, 2011

• canidae, we used to feed blue baffulo. which i really liked but the price is better for the canidae, bigger bag for the same price. i think it's just as good but the dogs liked the old stuff better.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:06 AM on May. 18, 2011

• WE feed our adult dogs, over age 2, in the pm around 5-6 pm;  pups need to eat 3 x per day;  older pups or young adults eat 2 x per day;  Here is a great site for dog food questions....

ASK the VET Nurse:

http://www.allexperts.com/ep/3799-96050/Dog-Food-Canine-Diet/Marie-Ask-Pet.htm

HOPE this helps---  SEE link above for some great feeding tips.

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 8:01 AM on May. 18, 2011