This guy at work seems to really like me, we talk at times and when work dies down, he is coming back and helping me wash dishes. I like him and he seems nice. How can you tell if it is sincere?

He is one of my manager's. I don't see the harm in just being friends but if it becomes more I may have to quite my job, seeing that one of the rules at work is no dating other employees. I like my job so much. Other people at work i think can tell we like each other. I am keeping discreet about it!!! He told me he would like to get together to talk sometime, but am not sure this would be a good idea!!! Any suggestions????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• Being your manager, he's more at risk than you are if you become "involved". Perhaps you should mention this to him, and see where that goes.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You are correct on that you cannot mix business with pleasure. One of you will have to quit if this gets serious. Just be friends for awhile and see what happens. Are you or him new at your jobs? If so let some time go by and one of you is bound to find something else. Not alot of people stay at the same job for long depending on what you do. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2008