Do you let your kids...

Do you let your kids go to there Grandparents on school breaks? My kids want to go spend a few days with my hubby's parents but they live 8 hours away. Would you let your kids go if it was this far or farther? (the kids are 7 and 5)

Mommie-of-2

Asked by Mommie-of-2 at 5:30 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• It's the grandparents, so I would...assuming of course that you have a good relationship them and they are good people.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 5:33 PM on May. 17, 2011

• All our family lives over 12 hours away and I wouldn't have a problem with DD spending time with the ones we talk to.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 5:33 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Thank you ladies. I have never been away from my kids for more then a night and I think I am just nervus them being that far away.
    Mommie-of-2

Comment by Mommie-of-2 (original poster) at 5:35 PM on May. 17, 2011

• When I was little we use to go see our grandparents every summer for a few weeks, all my cousins went at the same time. We lived in Idaho, my cousins lived in Oklahoma and my grandparents in California.
    I'd say yes so long as the relationship is good and you trust them with your children.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:40 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My 12 yr old is flying solo to Italy, He's going to stay with my bff :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 5:44 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh and yes my kids def can go to their grandparents, its 3 hrs away. ( i skim read the first time lol)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 5:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My dad lives in AL and we live in PA, he has asked if I would send my kids down for a little while, but for me they are still to little for that far of a trip (Ages 6, 4 with Autism, and 1). I would say do what YOUR comfortable with
    Jenn5142

Answer by Jenn5142 at 6:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My kids don't spend the night anywhere but home, not even their grandparents, but that is a personal choice of mine, so no I wouldn't allow mine to go for a school break.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:01 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes, I would. Heck, when my older 2 kids were 2 1/2 and 17 months they spent 3 weeks with their grandparents while I recovered from a nervous breakdown. They were 8 hours away by car.

We've since moved very far away from them and we've considered letting our soon to be 11yo fly back to visit my dad and her BFF that she hasn't seen in almost a year. She'd be going alone and would probably spend a couple weeks between my dad's house and her friend's house.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:30 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes, right now most of my family lives close but like when I was a kid on some school vacation my parents sent me and siblings to Ireland to stay with my grandparents for the week - during the summer my parents came with us but during the school year they had to work so it was just me and my siblings. I don't want to overwhelm my grandparents with all 4 of my kids by themselves so I haven't sent them to Ireland without me or DH but when school ends they'll be in Ireland for a week with my parents before DH and I can join them.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 9:25 PM on May. 17, 2011