This Lady Has The Nerve......

My fiance's aunt ruined my son's 1st birthday party because she was trying to start up some drama between my family and her family she actually had the nerve to say that my family was banned from evercoming to her house; which is something that I really don't think that they would be interested in anyway. Anyway my boyfriend decided to send this same aunt a mother's day gift and card; instead of her appreciating that he at least sent her something (because they haven't talked since January) she decided to talk bad about me and say that the only reason why I sent the card ("I")was because my son's second birthday is coming up and I just want her to get my baby something for his birthday....this really pisses me off because I never asked this woman to do anything for my child even when she decided to give my baby some hand me downs from her son I was extremely reluctant in accepting anything because I knew that she was the type that likes to give people things and than throw the fact that she gave that person something back up in their face once they get into a fight or argument over some non sense....I mean I'm trying my hardest to keep my composure and remain calm about the whole situation I mean I just really don't understand what's her problem with me I never done anything at all to this lady nothing but show her respect....I really just don't understand her deal, I mean it really doesn't matter what she thinks about me but to even think that my son needs anything from her is a joke, me and my son's father (who's my fiance)has been taking damn good care of my son without her and in all honesty we've been happier without having to deal with her and her drama and my son is such a happy and healthy little boy, I mean I guess I just thought by this woman (who's pushing 40yrs old)would at least be a little bit more mature then what she is, I mean in all honesty I think that she's being a bit petty and she's missing out on being in my baby's (her grandson-nephew) life (something that I'm sure she'll regret later on) over some he say she say mess...but it's okay I'm sorry I just needed to vent

marchelle26

Asked by marchelle26 at 5:36 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• As hard as it is, let it be her issue. Let your fiancee handle all the communication with her and say nothing about how she is acting. As much as he's your fiancee, she's his blood. :( Tragic but true. :( I hope she changes her attitude but if she doesn't at least you know for sure if you never speak badly about her (or at all) that it's not your doing.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 5:40 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Be glad you saw her true colors so that now you can see her for who she really is & you can keep your distance. Just ignore her & be super sweet to her every time you see her so she won't ever have anything negative to say. And if you do invite her to your sons birthday, ask her not to bring a gift because her previous comment hurt your feelings & tell her that you would never expect her to buy your son anything.

If you happen to run into her, just treat her like you would any acquaintance. Say i...but keep your distance.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:50 PM on May. 17, 2011

• it could be a lot of things. you said she's pushing 40, that's a prime pre-menopausal age.
    now before anyone says it, I said PRE- menopausal, not MENOPAUSAL there's a difference!

she could just be having hormone fits. You should have heard all the things that my SIL accused me of when she was pregnant and having hormonal fits.

at one point, she accusing me of working on a plot to take away her daughter and husband, I could go on and on.

I'd just give her some space for a while, and maybe get a friend of hers to suggest that she take a look into some hormonal treatments of some kind. that very well could be the problem.
    Anonymous