What proof would you need?

To believe that God (for the sake of argument the God of the Bible) actually does exist, what proof would you need to finally say that you believe in Him? Would you be willing to worship Him then?

(this is a hypothetical question, so if you're just going to answer - "there isn't one," then move on. I'd like to know what you need in order to convince you that there is one).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Religious Debate

• All I need is my faith
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:56 PM on May. 17, 2011

• can of worms are you ready, op?

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:56 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I need to see him and hear him say, "Yes, I am God." Then, Imma need to see a true life miracle.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:57 PM on May. 17, 2011

• winkyup!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Then, Imma need to see a true life miracle.

Like what kind of miracle?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:59 PM on May. 17, 2011

• This could get interesting ...

popcorn

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Evidence that is measurable, verifiable, and recordable. Aside form that nothing. Should all this evidence come to be then Yes I would believe, as for whether or not I would worship said God is another matter entirely. It depends on God's character. Seeing as though this is clearly hypothetical as it will never happen I'll stick to being an Atheist, thanks.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:02 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Well, hell...cure somebody of some crazy disease immediately with a small touch, walk on water for real, part the sea....raise some dead folk.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:02 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I would have to see him/her. And I too would need to see them perform a miracle.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 6:03 PM on May. 17, 2011

• why are you interested in what it would take to convert somebody? why not just enjoy your own faith and beliefs and let others enjoy theirs.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:06 PM on May. 17, 2011