Does anyone have any advice on using coupons when shopping?

I was amazed last night while watching this show about couponing on the learning channel and I was wondering if anyone has any advice on using coupons. I have 4 kids to feed and any money-saving techniques would be helpful.

huffmanall4

Asked by huffmanall4 at 6:00 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Shopping

• don't forget them when you check out!!! lol..i always get home and realize i had coupons in my purse!!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:01 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Read them CAREFULLY!! You must pay close attention to the wording. Some are not as good a deal upon closer look.

For example ... a coupon for .50 off Life Cereal. You think "that's a good deal" ... not great but good. However, upon reading closer, you see that it says .50 off THREE boxes of cereal. Not really a good deal after all.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:06 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I have recently started using coupons myself!! I have not done that bad either if I say so myself ...Anyway, what I do is on Sundays I have the hubbs go out and buy at least 3 newspapers (in addition I print coupons online too) cut out coupons for items that I am positive my family will use/and or eat.

On Tuesdays, when I receive the weekly flyers for the stores I shop at, I look at ALL the deals that the store is offering and compare these with the coupons that I have in my coupon book (I haven't gotten my binder, yet!) then I plan my shopping list according to what is on sale & which coupons I have....

Hope this helps! Any other ?'s feel free to DM!! GOOD LUCK! MORE IMPORTANTLY - HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!
    mia1alex

Answer by mia1alex at 6:18 PM on May. 17, 2011