Yes, I AM an idiot...part deux

Okay...not sure how to word this so I apologize in advance if it's kind of all over the place...

I've always considered myself the type of person who is not easily offended...I'm not going to get all upset if you tell me something you don't like about other people and it happens to apply to me also...everyone has the right to an opinion and just because you don't like this one element of me doesnt mean that we're not cool or we can't be friends or whatever...for example..someone said earlier they don't like dreadlocks....I have dreadlocks...that doesnt bother me at all lol I'm sure me having dreads wouldnt stop me and this person from being cool if we found out we had stuff in common lol

But I do tend to get my feelings hurt easily...when people are just plain rude and nasty to me for no reason....does that mean that I AM easily offended???

I apologize for being stupid lol...I know this is probably a dumb question but I've been thinking about it for like an hour now lol so I thought I would just go head and ask lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 6:09 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You are easily hurt. Easily offended is something different.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:12 PM on May. 17, 2011

• oh wow..i hope i didn't offend you. i'm a hairstylist, and i don't like dreads.. or flattops or wedges or super-straight hair, either.

maybe you're just having an emotional day?? {{hugs}}
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:11 PM on May. 17, 2011

• even people who say that other people's comments don't phase them still do get hurt. It's human nature to have your feelings hurt. I don't think that there are "weak" people or "strong" people based on how they show their emotions. Some people can hide their emotions better than others. I would get offended if someone said something they didn't like and it applied to me but I wouldn't cry. I would know inside that it hurt me and maybe speak up about it.
    There is no such thing as a dumb question, maybe unecessary or not well thought out ones. You'll never know the answer to something you don't know unless you ask.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:14 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Nothing wrong with that. I can feel ya on the fact if someone is making an effort to hurt you or single you out that its going to sting.
    You're human!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:13 PM on May. 17, 2011

• LOL...@dullscissors...No! That's my point! I don't care about that...I was wondering if me getting my feelings hurt over OTHER stuff meant I was easily offended....the dread thing was an example of how I'm NOT offended by stuff
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 6:13 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I posted the question about dreadlocks and I'm glad you are not offended cause I love reading your questions and answers! And we do have something in common! We are both pregnant! :) And this isn't a dumb question. I don't mind disagreeing with someone but when they are being mean for no reason it makes me feel bad too! Hugs!
    Anonymous

• There are people that I have no respect for that have made comments that have hurt my feelings, and I usually laugh when peiople say stuff lol but we all have our weak days and subjects we get sensitive about.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:20 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Thanx everyone! I feel less stupid now LOL and @Anon...no I don't care about that kind of thing...no worries at all mama
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 6:22 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I don't think that's what it means. If you got upset about someone not like dreadlocks, then you might be considered easily offended. But, you did not. If you got your feelings hurt by someone being rude to you, that just means you get your feelings hurt easily. Not a silly question... people mix up emotions all the time. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:34 PM on May. 17, 2011