A question for those who believe in reincarnation...

If, in this life, you believe in reincarnation, what do you think happens if, in the next life, you come back as someone who has different beliefs?  Do you think the beliefs in the second life trump the previous life's beliefs?  

For example:  This life you believe in reincarnation, so after you die you are reincarnated.
Then, the next life you are a Christian, so after that life ends, do you go to Heaven or will you be reincarnated again?
Or, the next life you are an atheist, does nothing happen after that life ends or reincarnation?

Eek_a_Geek

Asked by Eek_a_Geek at 6:14 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• i believe in reincarnation, i think u wil believe the samething bc your still the same sole.....
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:16 PM on May. 17, 2011

• We believe that there is a new life that begins when you die. When you die we burn the body and their belongings so they will have them in the afterlife. We don't believe in god or hell. we believe in being good people and doing what is right and having respect for ourselves and our family. Simple. But that's my heritage.
    Anonymous

• i don't believe in reincarnation, but from what i've learned about it it's the soul that passes on to the next life. your soul possesses the beliefs, passions, etc and this is what's carried to the next life.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:20 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I believe we go to heaven. I don't really like the idea of reincarnation.
    But I am certain that if it turns out that reincarnation happens it will continue to happen no matter what you believe.
    Sort of like the circle of life.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 6:33 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I can't really answer this exactly, because I don't believe in a permanent soul or self. My belief is closer to the concept of rebirth than reincarnation. Many who believe in reincarnation are inclusive and/or pluralistic in their beliefs--sometimes believing that all paths lead to God or salvation. So, those who are pluralistic may believe it's more important that people live a compassionate life than whether they have a particular belief or not. I'd be curious to know if some believe they will always have the same beliefs though. Interesting question.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 6:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• who is to say that the 'chritian' idea of heaven and the person who believes in reincarnation are not the same place.... we known nothing 100% until we are there. We simply have our beliefs.

I would guess that the reason for reincarnation is to learn a lesson you didnt this go around... to keep learning lessons.   Perhaps being a christian in the next life would help teach a lesson.  Who knows... none of us 100%

Anonymous

• reincarnate
    mai5

Answer by mai5 at 7:12 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I don't think the person's beliefs would be different in a future 'life' , because it just can't happen, and THAT is because there is no future reincarnation.And really, no one has proof of it, because all memories of the previous life are said to be deleted.And too, according to the Bible, the soul is the complete person.Even though a person may have done bad things in the past, if he repents and changes his ways, Jehovah God will forgive him.- Psalm 103:12, 13)When a person dies, nothing survives.Death is like a deep, dreamless sleep.There will be a resurrection of the dead, but it waits on God's time, and doesn't happen instantly after death.This is not a reincarnation, but a bringing back of the same personality.If you read Revelation 21:1-5, living like that might sound good to you.It CAN happen, if you turn to the true God, Jehovah. There is still time left.
    bellejesse

Answer by bellejesse at 7:47 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think your answer will differ based on the persons path and idea of reincarnation.

I think its about learning and growing in each life. I was not born believing in reincarnation but have found my way to believe in it but in the next life I might not ever believe in it or ever learn of it but it doesnt really matter. That will be another life and another set of things to learn from.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:54 PM on May. 17, 2011

• the soul is the essence of the person... this essence carries thru ea life's journey...
    Now as for being of a different belief, I was raised a christian and was taught to believe a certain way
    as many are when young, but my path was set for me and as I grew up and started to make my own choices
    these choices turned me toward my path as what I believe in now... as your life progresses, you grow and change and if you are distant to believe in reincarnation you will find that path in each life's travel..
    This is what I believe...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:26 PM on May. 17, 2011