Do you hate when people comment on your belly? Story to follow...

Everyday someone comments on my belly and how cute it is, but I always explain that I don't feel cute. I tell my clients when they are working towards their fitness goals whenever someone compliments them to just say, "Thanks I have been working hard!" Today when someone told me my belly was cute, I responded..."Thanks, I have been working hard at growing my little Ava!" It felt so much better! Just try it. :)

f1tmama

Asked by f1tmama at 6:17 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Lol! I get, oh wow u have a small belly for 7mos. I say, thanks it's all the nausea that's keeping Me from eating too much! Lol
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:20 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I'm just now to the point where people will ask if I'm expecting.. they're really shocked when I say "Yeah, I've only got 7 weeks to go!".
    Then, they get on my case about how much weight I've lost (like I don't already know, I didn't do it on purpose)... and I don't want to go into the tirade about how he has low fluid and all the other concerns we are having this go-round.

I also don't like the "Oh, you have HOW MANY other kids??" When I tell him he's my fourth (and final) - all boys. I might look like I'm not old enough to buy alcohol, but c'mon... I'm really 26 and yes, I'm completing my family before I'm 30. Deal with it.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 6:26 PM on May. 17, 2011

• some people are the type that feel they need to talk to every pregnant person they see and give them some sort crazy pregnancy advice that they were given when they were pregnant. or make some sort of judgement about your weight weather it be you gained to much, to little or something in between. those are the type of people that you just smile and nod at and go on about your day..
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 7:36 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I used to get "Are you sure you don't have twins in there?" I got it on multiple occasions from different people and I just wanted to yell at them. I mean, that's basically saying I am so enormously gigantic that there can't possibly be only one baby in there. Not exactly a flattering or even polite thing to say to someone who is nine months pregnant.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 7:48 PM on May. 17, 2011

• lol
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 7:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• ppl tell me i have twins and ive only gained 12# this whole pregancy and I'm 33 wks.
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 1:09 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I loved the responses and they reminded of a few comments people have said! You don't even look pregnant, just a little gassy! Really? Thanks for the unwanted info! My other favorite comment is "Are you sure there is a baby in there?" Why yes I am sure! :)
    f1tmama

Comment by f1tmama (original poster) at 5:23 AM on May. 18, 2011