So this May 21st thing...

What's suppose to happen? Do we just die right there in the spot we stand or what?

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 6:21 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I heard a story on NPR about people who believe in this and said the earthquake would start somewhere in the world and move across the world (sorry I cannot remember all the details) and than just like one poster said earlier, its like the belief of the rapture, those who are saved will immediately go to heaven, those who are not will stay here on earth (there was a amount of time given but I cannot remember) than later they will perish.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:37 PM on May. 17, 2011

• no, the "am i pregnant" questions will stop. this is when you know the world has ended.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:23 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I have no idea, I googled it and got bored with all the blah from the idiots making suicide pacts and gathering end of the world supplies without seeing any fact to stand on. If i die on the 21st it will be because I am in the path of a huge tornado and didn't get to shelter.. but that can happen everyday here in Texas so whatever!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:24 PM on May. 17, 2011

• What I don't get is how... I mean, the guy is saying it will happen at 6pm local time - so we'll have mass disappearance or mass death in place one... then one hour later, another time zone, and so on for 24 hours until it is finished.

If it is an earthquake... how is that supposed to happen? I mean, I'm no geology major but I don't actually think it's possible.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 6:34 PM on May. 17, 2011

• that's what I've been wondering too!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:21 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Same as 1-1-2000
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:22 PM on May. 17, 2011

• confusedduhhhhhhh....

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:22 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I heard it was suppose to be some kind of earthquake
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:26 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I am from California and I guess it could be the big one everyone kept trying to prepare for?
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 6:26 PM on May. 17, 2011

• if you believe in 'rapturing', the saved will be swept up into the Heavens, and the unsaved will remain on Earth for a time of tribulation....

other than that..idk.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:27 PM on May. 17, 2011