I feel so bad!!

I usually keep a pretty tight reign on my kids. Well, I had to answer a very important call due to a situation with our Dad at the nursing home. He's not safe right now, and it was serious. Well, my kids took advantage of the call(not cordless phone) and ran over to the neighbors new swingset without permission from either of us. So I got off the phone as fast as I could and got them back. I felt so stupid because she runs a daycare and they can't just stop by like that. I apologized profusely and she wasn't at all mad. She actually thought it would be nice for her kids and mine to play. The kids are grounded to the house for the night. But I just feel bad because it's not something that would normally happen. I've been really sensetive lately, and stressed with Dad. Maybe I'm reading to much into it. Should I just let it go now?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 6:22 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• U made a good call. They shouldn't take advantage of the phone call to leave the house. That's a big no no! Definitely address it but let them know their visits to ur neighbors need ur approval
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:25 PM on May. 17, 2011

• y would u be so upset at that? yes let it go... kids will be kids and if the neighbor didnt make a big deal neither should u. i would just tell them dont do it again with out asking
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:26 PM on May. 17, 2011

• oh and making them stay in for the night is another thing i would do
    chrstny88

• Relax mama, no harm no foul this time. But you may want to keep the cordless phone handy, or get a lock at the top of the door so they can't just take off like that. I would be more worried about preditors or traffic than them using the neighbor's swingset. Hope things get settled w/ your dad so you can be more at ease & less stressed. GL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:27 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i'll trade places with you, love.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:29 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I am so sorry that happened! Don't feel bad . . .kids will find a way to do stuff like that, scary as it may be.

Thankfully, everyone is home and safe now. And tomorrow is a new day.

I hope things with you Dad get cleared up very soon.

Hugs.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:32 PM on May. 17, 2011

• We just moved into this house, and there are NO working locks on the doors. They are all busted. The sliding door doesn't stay closed either. Sort of out of my control until we have $$ to fix it.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on May. 17, 2011

• It's okay, hun... <3 You did good, these things do unfortunately happen, and I'm so sorry for all the stress and turmoil you're under right now. I hope things improve for you. The problem was addressed, the children were told they did a no-no, the neighbor isn't upset, and I'm sure they now understand how frazzled it made you. Tomorrow will (I hope) be a better day.
    dream-catcher

Answer by dream-catcher at 6:51 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Both my sisterand I have had our little kids take off while we were using the bathroom...yep, big trouble for those kids.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 7:12 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Try to let it go. You did the best you could, no harm was done. You have more important things on your mind to think about right now.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:33 PM on May. 17, 2011