Do you know someone who is always thinking everyone is pregnant?

My MIL thought i was because I ate sourcream on my tacos. I told her I get them like that at Taco Bell. To me it's so normal. I wanted a chef salad one day so she asked if I was. I told her I was on the Depo and her response was "that don't mean anything." I said "yeah it really does." She is in her 60's and is real old fashioned and nieve. Everytime something happens, she thinks pregnancy is the diagnosis.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• My mother! Every time any little thing happens, she asks if I am pregnant! So annoying! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:43 PM on May. 17, 2011

• How annoying! I hate when ppl dream of a baby n they think it's a pregnancy. Did u know a baby in a dream signifies the beginning of something new, like a new job, a new house, etc
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:27 PM on May. 17, 2011

• She is right, the depo doesn't mean anything - nothing is 100% protective.. unless of course you don't have sex.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:27 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Well, being on depo doesn't mean pregnancy is an absolute no... However, your mil does sound a bit naive. Next time, just tell her that when and if you do become pregnant, you will let her know, until then please stop assuming.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:27 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I have the opposite (kind of) with MIL wishing we were pregnant and nagging us nonstop to pass on the family name to a boy!
    Anonymous

• Haha...my friend is like that...I am also on the Depo and i've been eating enchiladas and general tso chicken for like a week and she thinks i'm pregnant...nope...took a test...I always go through stages where i will eat the same thing until i get burned out on them...just laugh it off or even joke with her and tell her hmm..maybe why dont you go buy me a test and see what she says...lol
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 6:31 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My MIL is like that, too... Before I got pregnant with our twins, every little oddness I exhibited just HAD to be a pregnancy symptom. I've always eaten parmesan cheese and jelly on pizza slices. That went over extremely well here.

She's always accusing someone of being pregnant, though. She's also one of those who has "dreams" and, you know... they're ALWAYS 100% right. Lol.
    dream-catcher

Answer by dream-catcher at 6:43 PM on May. 17, 2011

• haha well i was on the Depo for 8 years. i never did get pregnant on it. it takes me a long time when i am not on anything either.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:55 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I used to work with a woman like that. She would go around telling everyone that I was pregnant, and I wasn't. then she gave me two names of other woman at work that supposedly told her that I was.
    I asked them, and they had no idea what I was talking about!

some people do that.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:28 PM on May. 17, 2011