• In the Spotlight:

I don't understand....

why women on here feel they need to justify their lives and their decisions to complete strangers on the internet? If people post questions about things that could make a person look bad about their parenting choices, people tend to say "yes, I do xyz, but it's because....". Why do people need to justify their lives and choices to others because they feel as if they'll be berated for their answers?

It also seems as if people post questions (on here and in groups) simply to be able to say "well I don't do that, so I'm better than you".

I don't get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• well..because people will berate you online for every little thing you say...even though 9 times outta 10, they wouldn't have large enough balls to do it IRL.
    people can be real bullies online..especially when they are hormonally-charged.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:33 PM on May. 17, 2011

• we're all the #1 Mom and it turns into a competition for some who just can't mind their own even if a child is not in danger. That and just because someone is a Mom doesn't mean they will mature, we get the teens that think it's fun and games to have kids and they come on here pretending to be a Mom, the guys who just want to see how women think and the all around asshole who can't agree to save their life with anyone!
    Anonymous

• I used to take those comments personal but then u learn these r total strangers that r only getting snipets of ur situation
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:35 PM on May. 17, 2011

• People clarify why they do certain things because they probably don't want to be misunderstood or they don't want people to misinterprete what they say.

People post questions on here for help, maybe you have run across a few bad apples but I don't think people ask certain questions and elaborate to make you feel inferior. Just my opinion of course.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:35 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Probably because this is the internet and you are going to see alot of things posted you might not ever hear uttered from someones mouth in real life or asked in real life. Think about it. When was the last time you honestly saw someone beat their kids in the middle of a store? Yet we read all the time how ppl say they do it. How many people would walk up to you and say oh yeah I beat that kids ass? Not gonna happen.
    Anonymous

• eh i take what people say online with a grain of salt granted i do ask questions....but its the same as when someone would say something to you if your baby was "under dressed" for 100 degree weather (t-shirt and diaper)
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 7:46 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Well some people like me ask questions, because they want to make sure they are doing the right thing with parenting, relationships, etc. What annoys me on cafemom's is that instead of cafemoms answering the questions you have posted, they make rude comments and remarks about your question.
    Diamond2010

Answer by Diamond2010 at 7:53 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I usually post questions because I want to hear another side. Once I make up my mind about something, I often forget why that's my choice. I try not to belittle people but some.....work my nerves and I feel like they need to be told off.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 8:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• we are women,, at any given point about a quarter of us have aunt flow visiting or are pregnant or just had a baby... so yes we are going to act hormonal at times
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:10 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think part of being on this site is trying to find women who are like you in one way or another. You look for kindred spirits, while trying to avoid getting berated by other people. YOU may not have a problem with self esteem, but society teaches us to look for acceptance from others, and other moms play a very big part in how a mother perceives herself.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:40 AM on May. 18, 2011