Who thought Obama getting hung up on was funny? And who thought he handle it pretty well?

I thought this was so funny, he is really trying to reach out to everyone.

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 6:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Huh? What happened? Please post a link!
    Anonymous

• http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28046972?GT1=43001

It was so funny they had this Republican Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen on Fox telling the story, she even hung up on Rahm Emmanuel.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• He called to congratulate her on her victory.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I thought it was funny, I would be mortified it I did that

Anonymous

• haha i think its funny. im just glad he took it well...it coulda gotten ugly haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I wonder if someone pranked her now what would happen, ha.
    Anonymous

• Well, I'm glad she hung up because she thought it was a prank, and not because of who he was. It IS kind of funny in that respect.

I think it's totally kick-ass that he's calling all the Congress members to reach out to them. Go Obama!
    nuclear_sugar

Answer by nuclear_sugar at 10:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Ok well let me say I think it's kinda cute Obama is reaching out like that. Good for him. I'm glad someone is....even though I didn't vote for him. It's a little sad she thought it was a prank - it's kind of a testament to the division in Washington.

But yeah, it's funny. He took it like a champ too.
    mommee_b

Answer by mommee_b at 1:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I think when she finally knew it was him, he should've asked her something like "Is your refrigerator running?" or something prank callish. That would've been funnier. (Of course, that's after he congratulated her.)
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 2:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• He could have said - "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?" LOL He was a great sport - I bet she was really embarassed! But I can understand it after the prank call Palin got during the election from some Canadian radio station.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2008