I am 5 weeks pregnant and bleeding please help me!

I have been seen by the er and by my ob and no one can tell me what is wrong with me or whether my baby is ok. I have doen 3 blood tests this week alone. I have no cramping and am not passing any tissue or clots someone please help with any answers.

shsutterfield08

Asked by shsutterfield08 at 6:47 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had bleeding at about five weeks as well. Baby was alllllll the way down on my cervix, causing the bleeding. I am now 19 weeks and everything is AOK.

Sending lots of luck your way! I hope everything is ok!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:52 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I bled from week 5 until week 7. I got an ultrasound due to the bleeding at 5 1/2 weeks and they saw the yolk sac and embryo and I went back a week later and there was the heartbeat. My Dr. said it was from the placenta attaching. Mine was dark but very heavy at times. As long as it is not bright red and no bad cramps, you will be fine. I have read about alot of women bleeding during these first few weeks!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 10:50 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Put yourself on bedrest and wait. There's nothing that can be done if it's a miscarriage. Though staying off your feet might ease the bleeding and allow things to correct themselves if they are going to. Hope it works out well for you. ((Hugs))
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:50 PM on May. 17, 2011

• How long have you been bleeding?

When I was on my 2nd pregnancy I was only about 4 weeks barely enough to show on a doctors test that I was pregnant, but anyways I was bleeding and also cramping and I had a miscarriage.
    Ashley-England

Answer by Ashley-England at 6:51 PM on May. 17, 2011

• You may need to go back to your OB Dr. and have them do an Ultrasound when your 6wks.Thats really the only way to tell if all is ok with baby.Some woman bleed their whole pregnancy and it be nothing and others may be miscarrying.
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 6:52 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Probably just a sensitive cervix due to more blood flow I wouldn't be concerned unless you see clots or are having period like cramping.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 7:48 PM on May. 17, 2011

• At 14 weeks I started bleeding (with clotting). It turned out that I had borderline previa (the baby was extremely close to my cervix). I was put on bedrest for a month, and the baby moved up. More recently I started bleeding again, and I can feel how low the baby is (I am 26 weeks). Though I have read that is some cases, they never find out the cause of the bleeding.
    Tam_and_Fam

Answer by Tam_and_Fam at 8:17 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Are they saying anything about your HCG levels? Are they rising? I bled for 15 weeks with my current pregnancy. I would go anywhere from bright red bleeding with clots, pink, to brown blood. Turns out my cervix is just super sensitive and that was what was causing the bleeding. As long as your levels are rising and not falling then try not to stress. Get lots of rest, drink lots of water, and try to be extra careful with lifting, etc. I hope all turns out well! ((Hugs!))
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:12 PM on May. 17, 2011

• relax Bleeding could be fore a number of reasons.... I agree with the bed rest don't panic this could be a number of thing and none of them are because something is wrong. just listen to your Dr's and if the bleeding gets worse go to the ER I bleed like a period for 3 months when I got pregnant with my first child and he's 21 and I've even heard that some woman have their period all through their pregnancy it could be anything don't think the worse keep us posted on things though if you find out what the cause was. you may help someone else out!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 1:27 AM on May. 18, 2011