Are you scared to be home with your children at night by yourselves?

I have to admit I am pretty freaked out sometimes. My husband works in corrections and was attacked by an inmate. Before the attack the inmate had threatened to harm me and my kids and to burn our house down. So after the attack we would catch people in our yard and hear stuff outside. It has been pretty crazy. So at times I am a little scared.

Ashley-England

Asked by Ashley-England at 7:05 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Me personally? No. But your situation is different and I would probably freak myself out alot.

Answer by gemgem at 7:06 PM on May. 17, 2011

• If I'm afraid, I will either pray the rosary or read the Bible.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:06 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I'm well-armed, so fear is not an issue here!

Call the non-emergency number for the police and ask them to do a drive-by if you're hearing noises outside. Call 911 if you have people in your yard at night.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:07 PM on May. 17, 2011

• No, I am not because my dog is an excellent watch dog... (when he's awake!) LOL! However, I can see why you would be. Yikes. I would be too! Can you get a "Good" watch dog??!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:08 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My husband works late at night most nights and I feel like I hear noises more when I'm without him. I have four kids to protect so we have a German Shepard. She's a great family dog and is very protective. Perhaps getting a dog would bring you some comfort?
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 7:09 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I am a single mom and it's just me and my son. I used to be scared but I got a great dane and the best locks for windows and doors money can buy. I also have a panic button in my bedroom and other rooms. I also taught my son to hide in a secret hiding spot and to how to dial 911. Some might call me paranoid, I say I'm well prepared.
    Anonymous

• Yea, but that's why I got protection lol
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 7:11 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I agree anon...well prepared! I'm afraid to be alone at night.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:11 PM on May. 17, 2011

• The police station is only 4 blocks from my house, they get here crazy fast for even non-emergency stuff...definitely keep the non-emergency number handy for those moments.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 7:15 PM on May. 17, 2011

• We have had the police over but they do nothing. We recently had a part german shepard, husky, chow dog but we are moving and had to get rid of him because we could not take him with us. He was a great watch dog and I do have protection at home. It still just freaks me out.
    Ashley-England

Comment by Ashley-England (original poster) at 7:17 PM on May. 17, 2011