Man pms?!?!

When I got with my SO everything was rainbows and sunshine....when we decided to move me in he warned me he's a totaly diff. person to date then he is to live with...he said he doesnt like to be messed with when he gets home from work...okay fine take time to unwind before joining the family...well I've been here going on 2 months now and he has shut down at least 7 times...3 in the first wk here...by shutting down I mean he seems perfectly fine 1 min. then he wont talk to me...wont tell me whats wrong..nothing...and if I push the issue he says things like hes not sure he wants to be with me...things he takes back when he's over whatever was bothering him...1 time it happened over pizza...he ordered pizza the night before and my kids and I ate the leftovers the next morning...he came home expecting to get some and just shut down...it's usually over stupid shit like that too and he has told me to leave him alone when he gets like that...that it's usually stupid stuff and he makes it a bigger deal in his head then it is and just needs time to proccess it and realise he's being dumb...I've gotten used to it for the most part...except when I know why he's upset and it's for a valid reason adn he still wont talk to me about it not even when he's over it. Is this normal behavior? should he go talk to someone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Everyone deals with conflict different, it may just be his way of processing. You can suggest counseling but if he doesn't want to do it don't push the issue, counseling will only help if he wants it or believes he needs help. Instead of talking about what's bothering him perhaps he'd rather write them out...when DH and I fight over stuff and aren't getting anywhere by arguing we'll both write out our thoughts and either go over them by ourselves or if we're trying to get a point across we'll exchange the notes and it makes things clearer and easier to work out, sitting there and writing gives us time to process and really think about the issue.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 8:06 PM on May. 17, 2011

• You gotta read Men are from Mars Women are from Venus. It will help you understand this. He has a cave he needs to go to to get over being upset. Let him get happy before you EVER try to talk to him;)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:59 PM on May. 17, 2011