So sick of it!

Dh has depression and anxiety. He is on medication for it, and is under control for the most part, but he has some bad days... And I try to be there for him, no matter what. Sometimes I feel like my feelings don't matter because I have to watch what I say around him, so I don't upset him. Today he told me he was happy, but didn't care if he woke up or not. :( he isn't suicidal, he just says he doesn't really care. This broke my heart, and I told him that, but he blew it off. I just said something to him about how I'm sick of being stuck at home and he went off. :( I don't know what to do. I love him, and I'm just at a loss...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I had a friend that her husband was like this. This is a lot of stress on your part and you just feel like crying. I was there for my friend and I was under stress and I did not even live there. My heart goes out to you. You need to keep talking and let out your stress. I do agree with the first poster. I wish you luck and sending hugs your way.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 7:53 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Maybe you need to join a support group sometimes the caretaker or support person needs support as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:28 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I was thinking kind of the same thing as pinkdragon- you need someone to talk to and vent to when you have tough days and if your husband isn't able to do that then a support group could work, or even a girlfriend or someone who can listen for ten minutes and let you get things off your chest. I know it's hard but your DH can't always help how he is right now. If he were physically sick and you had to take care of him you probably wouldn't tell him how much of a burden that was, and this is kind of similar even though it's all dealing with emotions. But if he was sick you might call someone to vent and that might help you in this case, too. Good luck and hang in there. Maybe even an online support group would work.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 7:51 PM on May. 17, 2011

• maybe he needs to see somebody and get some help
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 7:49 PM on May. 17, 2011