Does anybody have a weekly plan for their meals?

like , mo,tu,we,th,fri,sa,su. i need a plan ...lately ive been lazy and dont ever cook! its getting pretty bad but i think if i had it planned meal by meal things would go easier ...soo if anybody wants to lend theirs i would be very appreciative !

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 7:25 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Sometimes we do and the overall meals and snacking are a LOT healthier. But on the weeks (most often) when we don't meal plan it gets a little hairy and not-so-healthy.

My family has several meals that are delicious, but too long to post here. allrecipes.com, campbells.com and bettycrocker.com com are resources I use for new meal ideas. If you do, check the size, some of the meals I've wanted to make have actually been side dishes.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:31 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I dont usually plan like a day to day thing. What I do is write down 6 dinners and look to see what I need to make them during the week. I buy what I need. I do write down what meals I plan to cook for the week and have it on the fridge on a planner thingy. I mark off what I made when it is made. So for instance this week I am making:

Spaghetti & Meatballs with salad and garlic bread
    Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes & dinner rolls
    Boneless chicken, Stuffing, Green beans
    Baked Ziti, Salad and garlic bread
    Cheeseburger Pie, Salad and dessert

One day a week I get to order out so I only have to cook 6 days. On Sundays we have Baked Ziti.

Answer by gemgem at 7:36 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I plan for 3-4 days at a time. I have about 20 meals or so listed on recipe cards. I pick meals off the cards and make my shopping list before heading out. I shop on Mondays and Fridays. Don't know if that helps but thought I'd mention my 'method'.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:52 PM on May. 17, 2011

• okay thanks guys could i have your ideas or steal your recipes for that week? thanx!
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 8:09 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I do plan meals once a week and the next day I go grocery shopping. We do not eat processed or ground meat (no hamburger, hotdogs) so it gets pretty tricky, but I always make it work. It can get expensive with the foods that I choose to purchase, but usually it's fine. I can't stock up on things when they're on sale because we don't have that kind of room, but food is really our primary expense after rent so we make it work.

Chicken tortilla soup, flank steak with avocado salsa, honey and chicken curry, grilled pork chops with lime, etc. Every meal includes lots of produce and is all boneless/skinless as well. Yes, I am overly picky about what I feed my family =P Twice a week I also make sure to have baked goods on the table and I also make all of our bread from scratch. So overall everything that we consume, minus cereal and granola bars, is made from scratch. And I am working on even making the granola bars from scratch =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:11 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I plan meals and snacks for the week. If I didn't have a meal plan, I would be unable to write a grocery list. If I didn't write a grocery list, I would be lost at the store.

I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:56 AM on May. 19, 2011