What would you say?

My DH borrowed money from my SIL. Well, tonight we get a call at 8:30pm (yes like 5 min ago), and my MIL is demanding the money NOW! My DH has to be up for work at 4am, and I have class work that I have to finish before midnight before I get a big fat ZERO, so I cannot take it or I would! She is whining that she needs the money to make it to school..

DH-offered to drop if off on his way to work so it would be there when she woke up. He ALSO offered to leave his Debit Card here so she could pick it up in the morning. She REFUSED to compromise so he hung up on her. He is currently on his way over there to give it to her. The money part is NOT a problem (the only reason we needed to borrow it was because his bank started a new system and only 50 of his paycheck clears and then he has to wait 2 days for the rest.. so today it was all there), it's the fact that she is in a now and started bitching when he didn't ask how high after she said jump.

Me- I told DH to tell her if she really wants it that bad to come over here now and get it if she really couldn't wait until 4:30am (even though she's not up until 6 or 7 and doesn't leave until between 8-9).

What do you ladies think!?!?!? Is she being unreasonable, or are we!?

P.S. This is going to begin a whole new fight b/c it was declared that we AGAIN are not going over there or having anything to do with her because she is such a controlling sob... As I have stated previously.. she really IS a crazy MIL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• why is she even involved? you didnt borrow the money from her. she should mind her own business and the fact the your dh went over there she feels she can demand anything and get it, time to put your foot down!!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 8:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• O.o sounds like my mil.....
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 8:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I would laugh and say well come and get it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:47 PM on May. 17, 2011

• sounds like my mil too. and i would've made her come get it if she wanted it so badly and couldn't wait a day, im a bitch like that :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:48 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Of course she's being unreasonable... I would bet there's another reason to needing the money NOW, instead of in 8 hours... If not... Yeah, your MIL is as crazy as mine! Sorry :(
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 8:50 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Why is mil involved? How old is sil? Too much inlaw drama for me. I'd distance myself as far away as possible in the future. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:51 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Learn this lesson, NEVER borrow from family or friends- no matter what. ( Knowing ahead of time that she was not easy to work or deal with should have been your red flag) These things are why it is a taboo thing to do. You have said MIL and SIL, If it is your MIL, it is his mother and if not a SIL on your side of family ? Set aside and emergence fund of cash to be able to use in the future so these things won't happen again. I don't think you are right letting this take your emotions sideways and not having anything to do with her, she was good enough to borrow money from... When it comes to money it is a touchy subject.. Had you promised a payback by a certain time?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:52 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I reread and got the facts straight, even so, it is family and they will always be a part of your lives... Play nice. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:54 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Damn sounds like my MIL. Are we related? Lol.
    tattooedmama126

Answer by tattooedmama126 at 8:59 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh no she didn't....
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 9:01 PM on May. 17, 2011