Im a single Mom with a boy turning 5.....thinking about getting a jungle gym for the backyard.....any moms who have one for an only child who thinks its a good idea? I just want to make sure he will use it when he is alone.

suechuk

Asked by suechuk at 8:59 PM on May. 17, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would but u have to be willing to watch him while he's out there.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:02 PM on May. 17, 2011

• If was able to afford one I definitely would have gotten one for my son- go for it!!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:02 PM on May. 17, 2011

• sure, that would be fun for him and also fun for playdates too
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:02 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Everyone on this street has little kids and has one. We are putting ours up in two weeks. Can't wait. The way my house is set up, I can watch them while I'm cleaning the kitchen or cooking. And they won't be begging to go to the neighbors.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:04 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I don't have a child this age, but when I was his age I had a juggle gym and it was RAD. My mom (single parent) had friends that had kids my age, so my mom and her friends would be on the back porch talking, etc while us kids played. As I got older it stayed pretty rad and my mom would get me paints so I could add pretty designs on it, like flowers, etc. My gram, who we lived with my entire life, refused to let me in the house after my homework was done except for bathroom breaks, so I got a lot of exercise using it. ... I miss it so much.
    M.Galvan

Answer by M.Galvan at 9:05 PM on May. 17, 2011

• my dd has one and if her counsin is over or she is by herself she uses it. (shes 3)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:11 PM on May. 17, 2011