Are you ADD? LOL!!

According to this list of female ADD/ADHD symptoms, I qualify! How about you?

Hypersensitivity to noise, touch, smell; Women with small children are often overwhelmed by the constant interruptions, the noise level and commotion at home

Feelings of low self-worth; Women may feel they should be able to “do it all” and feel defeated when they can’t keep up. Juggling parenting and work responsibilities can simply be overwhelming

Hypersensitivity to criticism; Again, high expectations since childhood of being a “good girl” can make women with ADHD more vulnerable to these sensitivities

Poor sense of time, often running late

Being emotionally charged and easily upset; This is exacerbated during hormonal changes

Starting projects but seeming unable to finish them; Do you have piles of empty photo books? Heaps of unfinished sewing projects?

Taking on too much; On top of work and parenting, there is often the need for women to take on even more, like volunteering, helping out with school-related functions, making meals from scratch, etc.

Difficulty remembering names; This often gets worse before, during and after menopause

Saying things without thinking, often hurting others' feelings

Appearing self-absorbed

Poor math and/or writing skills

Seeming to not want to hear what others are saying; This is especially difficult for women, who often want to connect socially, but have difficulty doing so

Engaging in addictive behaviors: shopping, TV (soaps!) and eating are commonly seen.

Problems with word retrieval; again, this is often worse during menopause

Poor handwriting; an embarrassing issue - society seems more accepting of poor penmanship in men

Difficulty with boring, repetitive tasks, such as laundry and other housekeeping chores

Spending time ruminating

Difficulty making decisions; Grocery shopping is often painful, with all the choices available in stores today

Clumsiness and poor coordination

Tiring easily, or conversely, difficulty sitting still

Difficulty falling asleep and difficulty waking up the next morning; Again, made worse during menopause

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 9:10 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• holy hell me too
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:16 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh, I know I have ADD big time but I handle it like a laaady thank you lol
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 10:27 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I also took a quiz on Facebook and it said I was 83% autistic too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on May. 18, 2011

• The sad thing is, these are actual medical markers for adult ADD/ADHD. and also describe like 80% of women in general.
    Audrice1985

Comment by Audrice1985 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on May. 18, 2011