How much do you think you spend on meat each week for your family?

For my family of 4.5 (pregnant LOL), I think we average about $20 for meat each week. It is one thing I really try to stretch.

We do spend a bit more in the summer because we grill a lot and between occasional steaks and hosting parties, it adds up.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:13 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I don't eat meat *shrug* so we don't spend too much at all
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 9:14 PM on May. 17, 2011

• 40 or fifty dollars it lasts a whole month
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:15 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i spend 30 every 2 weeks. i buy the family packs and i love it when they have the coupon ($2 or 3 off) on the day they're marked as sell by....the quality is still guaranteed and i haven't had any problems with it! so i just got a bunch of perdue boneless skinless chicken breasts for 35-65 cents a package bc they had a $3 off coupon (the sell by date was the next day). i take it home and keep one for dinner that day and the rest i put in freezer bags. but other stuff i buy regular price bc my freezer is tiny lol

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:17 PM on May. 17, 2011

• $15 a week for my family of 4. We have meat 6 days a week. The 7th day tends to breakfast where we then have eggs. So we have some protein at every meal.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:28 PM on May. 17, 2011

• UMM a week? I think I only spend about 30 for the month if even that. We don't eat alot of meat, and I am a vegitarian. I buy a few packs of chicken breast and hamburger for hubby and kids but the kids are almost to the point of being vegitarian as well. I would like to not buy any:) We are a family of 5.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 9:36 PM on May. 17, 2011

• WOW! I only spend about $80 a week for groceries, and meat and produce are by far our biggest expenses. I thought I was doing good...but y'all are putting me to shame! My LP is an absolute carnivore though, and a marathon runner, so if he doesn't eat like a horse, he loses too much weight. He will eat 4 or 5 burgers, 2 steaks, a pound of chicken, etc in one sitting. I gave up arguing about about 10 years ago! LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:42 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yeah, I spend at leasr $80 on food a week and a lot is meat so don't feel bad.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:08 PM on May. 17, 2011

• For our family of 4 (5 if you count our daughter's boyfriend who eats here all the time) I spend $150-$175 a week for groceries and household items. About $40-$50 of that a week is in meat. Some weeks more, some less.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:17 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I buy meat once a year. I spend anywhere from $500-$100 for a year's worth - beef, pork, chicken - it all depends if we get the whole beef or a half, same with the pork. Divided, that's anywhere from 10-20/week.
    Anonymous

• $0.00

Answer by rkoloms at 6:00 AM on May. 19, 2011