How am I supposed to ask my friend to hang out withOUT her boyfriend there?

She is with this guy constantly. 24/7 ...it is so ridiculous. She has lost a lot of friends because she is always with him. I don't even like to ask her to hang out anymore because he's ALWAYS with her! AHH I want just girl time with her....how in the world do I ask her to hang out without him there???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree with the previous poster...just say you're having a girls' night out. It could even be a standing 'date' like once a week or so.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:29 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh i forgot to add......when we do hang out, we never even get to "talk" it's like I'm just there to let our little girls play together. It's really frustrating. We used to talk all the time! She was a really good friend to me. Ugh. They've only been dating for a month and they started talking about getting married. I think that's a bit immature. She IS younger than me.

And for those of you who like to bash...I am FAR from jealous. I am married to a wonderful husband and have a DD and one on the way. Just saying...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I'm sorry mama.

I have to plead guilty to being like your friend. Now that I am married and have kids, I really don't like to socialize outside of the family. I only have limited time with my hubby, so I don't really want to give that up. My friends have, for the most part, dumped me because they would rather be alone with me without my husband and kids.

I kind of feel like I shouldn't have to split myself in a million different directions to keep a friend. My family is very important to me, and if my friends don't like my family, then, there is a conflict of interest.

Actually, come to think of it, my friends don't even want to see if if my husband is at work but the kids are there. they can't stand the toddler noise and don't find it fun.

We are all different.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:37 PM on May. 17, 2011

• my husband is my best friend and there is no one else in the world I would rather spend time with... my friends get that
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:51 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Be upfront to a degree - tell her you miss the old days and would like some girl time but don't comment on how you think she's being immature. I had a friend like her, she'd start dating a guy and drop all her friends but when things ended she'd always come back looking for those friends to lean on and sadly even now as adults with children she hasn't changed which is one of the many reasons I no longer consider her a friend. When she's single we'd be as close as sisters - I did not even meet her (now ex-) husband until after they were engaged because she dropped off the face of the earth and apparently they don't have phones in that universe. I know with her husband after they'd been together for about a year she finally started paying attention to her friends again but her husband left her and she's back to jumping from one guy to the next and I've spoken to her twice in almost 4 months.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• It's different when you have a husband!! When you are young and constantly with a boyfriend it's not really a good thing. you still need friends to turn to. I know it's not just him...i knoooow it's actually mostly her. But it's not healthy to ALWAYS be with your boyfriend. Having a husband is completely different.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 PM on May. 17, 2011

• TELL HER ITS GIRLS ONLY NITE
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:16 PM on May. 17, 2011

• While i agree with the other ladies about being married spending time with ur SO. I understand the OPs point. they have only been together a month and that isnt healthy! If he always tags along..they need space apart sometimes!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 1:14 AM on May. 18, 2011

• If you need some time with her try having an adult ladies night (like a Party Gals party) that is no men and no kids. Invite her over early to help get ready and you guys can talk then and the party should be great fun.
    Savannah.partyg

Answer by Savannah.partyg at 12:00 AM on Sep. 18, 2011