What could this be?

I gave birth in October and my period still hasn't returned. I bled for the first two months, on and off, and had spotting instead of a period the next two months. So for three months I've had nothing at all. I breastfed for four months. DH and I only waited three weeks to have sex. Yes I have taken pregnancy tests. Three of them. One was one of those store brand line tests in March. It was negative. The other two (one in April and one in May) were the Clear Blue Easy Digital. Also both negative. I have never been diagnosed with anything like endometriosis or PCOS. I do not have insurance or a regular OB and I don't want to owe an ER if I just need a diagnosis. Is there some herb I could take to induce a period? I just want my cycles back on track.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Health

• Sometimes, your whole system can get wacky via the adrenals, after you have a baby. Are you planning on getting insurance soon? Or, can you go to your county's free clinic? You may need a lab test, and possibly a hormonal jump start.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:30 PM on May. 17, 2011

• it's pretty common for your cycle to be messed up for a whole year after giving birth, so i would not worry just yet. just use condoms if you don't want to get pregnant and i wouldn't start freaking out until after the baby turns one.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:29 PM on May. 17, 2011

• If you are in the US, call your local county public health. They may have a list of non-profit clinics. Over where I am, there actually is a church that has free walk-in Dr. clinic for the community once a week. There may be something that you don't know about.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:41 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Honestly, I wouldn't worry one bit. Your hormones and body get all screwy after having a baby, and a lot of it has to do with the adjustments your body has to make with weight and breastfeeding. Mine took months to get back to normal after all of my births.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• The Health Depo here only does pregnancy and STD testing. I've always been uninsured. We can't afford to keep the whole family on insurance, so we make sure the children are taken care of.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:37 PM on May. 17, 2011