If you bounce back the first time, what are the odds that you will on #2?

I was back in my pre pregnancy jeans the same week and lost an additional 15 pounds without even trying. I breastfed for 16 months. I am now 23 weeks pregnant again 6 years later and just don't think i will be as lucky. I gained 24 lbs. last time and this time I have already gained 17 and am only 24 weeks pregnant!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• every pregnancy is different. there's not really any way of knowing. i gained much less with my daughter than i did with my boys....i forgot i was pregnant most of the time with her. i didn't have problems like i did with the boys lol. i know you see it alot on here, but it's so true. every pregnancy is different!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:52 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My second child was harder to lose and i gained 20lbs less with her. its the belly the evil belly lol
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 9:52 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Your first pregnancy sounds like all of the women I'm jealous of, lol. You may not be as lucky, but if you're inclined to be athletic, get back into that workout routine quickly. My friends who are and do seem to look great no matter how many babies they've had.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 9:54 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I just had my 3rd baby in 3 years, and look skinnier now (3 wks later..) than i did b4 i got preggo with my first, and I ate what I wanted the whole time, and only breast fed each for 2 wks.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 10:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• well, given the amount of space between your pregnancies you may have a better chance of bouncing back quicker. you've had 6 years to get down to your pre-pregnant shape and keep it that way.

me, on the other hand, got thinner after i had my first and then when she was 16 months i decided to have two babies back to back (13 months apart). now my youngest is 16 months and my body is nowhere near what it used to be... LOL! but having 3 babies in 39 months is hard on the body i suppose.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• It was even faster the second time - your body knows what to do. Just keep up the breastfeeding. It is awesome at sucking that fat off your body. I was 132 lbs before my first pregnancy, 122 lbs after my first, and 118 lbs after my 2nd. And in my size 4 jeans within a week.
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 10:01 PM on May. 17, 2011

• This is my second too... and I have the same question... but I really do think it has a lot to do breast feeding... good luck...
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 11:30 PM on May. 17, 2011

• May I just say that I hate you, in the nicest way that I can. I don't think I'll ever be back in my size 7 jeans. I feel like 11 is the smallest I'll get.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:14 AM on May. 18, 2011

• OMG im still trying to loose the weight from my first baby and it is hard as hell.. And yes i completly agree with the evil belly comment that thing just wont go away.
    Chow77

Answer by Chow77 at 1:52 AM on May. 18, 2011