How do i let go

i have been thee sole care giver to my grand since she has been 11 days old,she willl be 5 this dec and her mom has worked really hard to get her own life in order to be able to have her full time and has been successful in alot of ways and i truely think she is ready.how do i make this easier for the grand and myself?

k-dusty

Asked by k-dusty at 9:51 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I would ease her into the changes, Let mom become more and more involved then make the transition while continuing to be there off and on. Do you live in the same area?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:02 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Hi K-Dusty -

Although I do not have Grand babies this is certainly a difficult time for you, your Grand daughter, and perhaps your daughter too. Nothing I say here will help take the pain away from not having your Gran daughter present all the time. I'd like to ask you - will your daughter be moving far away or will she be living fairly close? If she will be living fairly close set up weekly dinners for the three of you to enjoy together and catch up on what the two of them have been up to. Maybe have a fun weekend with your Grand daughter every other weekend as long as her Mom is okay with that. If they happen to be moving away that will be completely a different story. Try to stay connected through internet programs like skype (spelling?) or another program which helps you stay in touch will real time communication and a live feed. These are suggestions. I can't to see what others suggest!

HUGS to YOU!
    SarahFarah

Answer by SarahFarah at 10:08 PM on May. 17, 2011

• yes, we live in the same city and i know this babe will always be a huge part of our lives, but will she always know that?
    k-dusty

Comment by k-dusty (original poster) at 10:09 PM on May. 17, 2011

• If ur daughter has been doing all she is supposed to I am sure ur GD will b fine. Im sure u will miss her. I kno my Nanny pretty much raised my sis and i cuz my mom was a single parent working 2 and 3 jobs. We had times where we lived with Nanny. So I understand. She would do anything 4 us. I agree with having dinner all together once a week so ur GD will kno how much she is still a part of ur life even tho she isnt physically with you.
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 12:47 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Hi again K-dusty - Yes she will! You have no idea how much you mean to her. And the connection will continue throughout her life. You have just put a huge smile on my face because you are such a caring and devoted Grandma. Not all Grandma's have that gift. Your Granddaughter is very blessed to have YOU for a Grandma. :)

Have a great day!
    SarahFarah

Answer by SarahFarah at 1:09 PM on May. 19, 2011