Why does my 3 1/2 old keep having "accidents"

She was potty-trained 1 year ago. Wore pull-up overnight for 2 weeks, then took it off. Never had an accident until last week. She's been having accidents almost every night, sometimes twice a night. Just tonight, she was wide awake, ready to go to bed, and peed in bed, meanwhile the bathroom is literally 5 steps away. My younger one is 1 year old, so the jealousy issue, although continual, is nothing new. I checked with school, nothing is out of ordinary, except many kids are also having accidents at home. This is bizarringly strange. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Olivia4116

Asked by Olivia4116 at 10:06 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Has anything else changed in your life...move, change schools, change in schedule? Is she complaining of any pain she might have a bladder/kidney infection that is causing her to miss the signs that she has to use the bathroom? If they are in the middle of the night she might just have trouble waking up to get to the bathroom and you can help her by restricting liquids withing 2 hours of bed and making her try to use the bathroom right before she lays down for the night.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 10:55 PM on May. 17, 2011