Are you a good cook?

What is your signature dish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• yes, and i have the curves to prove it lol. hmm, my signature dishes are probably baked mac and cheese and apple pandowny....o and i make the best deviled eggs if i say so myself....
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:09 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I am the youngest child of four and I host Thanksgiving every year because I'm the best cook in the family, including Mom (shh, don't tell her I said that, though she'd agree). The best meal I cook is roasted pork shoulder (we call it pernil) and rice with beans. I absolutely LOVE to throw down in the kitchen.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 10:17 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I love to cook, and people seem to like to eat it / ask me to make things, so I think I'm pretty good at it. I don't really have a "signature dish" though.

My dh also likes to cook sometimes, and he does have a couple of "signature dishes". He makes an amazing chicken cordon bleu in white wine sauce! :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:18 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes I don't have a signature dish though. My best work is baking though. My best is cakes and cupcakes!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:19 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes, I am. I guess my "signature" dish would be any kind of chicken. When we got married my husband said if I would learn to cook chicken he would be happy - now his best friend jokes that I can make chicken 365 different ways. Gotta keep hubby happy (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:22 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I and my SO are great cooks. Some of my signature dishes are meatloaf, soups and homemade eggs roll. Some of his would be smoked meats ( great smoked chicken salad), garlic chicken, any gravy and gourmet meat sauces. We love to create fun things together, I couldn't stop at mentioning one dish. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:30 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I like to think I am. DH says I am. We're all "well-rounded", lol! (not fat, but not thin either)
    Anonymous

• I don't have a signature dish, I am a great cook all around. I go early to my parents house to "help" my mom cook for big family dinners - when I say "help" I actually mean take over the kitchen. When I make pizza or anything where there will be a lot of food I get calls from other relatives placing orders like I'm a restaurant. I've already told my mom she isn't allowed to bake anymore - I have two brothers who still live at home and if my mom starts baking they call me lol. My mom is a good cook too, I don't want to sound arrogant and in all honestly the only thing I seriously take over is the baking. I have a large family (7 siblings, most of whom have long term girlfriends who come to the family dinners - my one and only sister is married and brings her husband plus my 4 kids, sister's 3 kids and oldest brothers 1 kid) so I sadly can not cook every part of dinner.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:40 PM on May. 17, 2011

• stuffed chicken so yummy!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:47 PM on May. 17, 2011