Just wondering...

I have a 3 year old that is not my husbands biological child... He has been here though for her since she was 6 months old... I couldn't ask for a better father... Now we are expecting... I don't know why but I find myself wondering how things will be... Will he treat our DD different when the new baby comes... I don't have a reason to think he will but I still think about it... I would like to hear from you guys about your experiences...

AyamiLove

Asked by AyamiLove at 10:06 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds to me like you should have a talk with your husband about that. I hope he will...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:13 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yeah I agree...this is something that you need to talk to your husband about.
    Tell him your feelings.

My DH does not treat my daughter any different than he treats his own..

You hubby holds the answer..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:23 PM on May. 17, 2011

• You should discuss your feelings with him but in my experience when a man has been acting as daddy for that long it won't change. My friend's daughter was 7 months old when she met her ex-fiance and even though they're not together anymore he still treats her the same as the daughter he has with my friend. My niece was 4 months old when my sister got with her husband, they've had two kids together and he doesn't treat his bio kids any differently because all three are his kids - he's the one who has helped raise her and love her. My friend's brother has a daughter that isn't his biological kid but he's been there since she was a baby. My cousin has a 5 year old son that is not biologically his - he isn't with the mother anymore but still treats his son no different. My uncle met my cousin's mom when my cousin was 8 months old - she is his daughter, she knows her bio dad but my uncle is daddy to her.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:33 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My uncle has a similar situation and he doesnt treat any child any differently...i doubt ur SO will if he has been acting as her father all along..
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 12:42 AM on May. 18, 2011

• If he has treated her like his own till now, I really doubt that would change. Having another child doesn't make you love your other children less. If he were the type to view a child that isn't biologically his different I think you would have seen it by now.

It's a fair concern but I think your getting yourself worked up unnecessarily. If it's really bugging you talk to him. :)

Gratz on #2
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 12:45 AM on May. 18, 2011

• my x was in my son's life since he was 4months old and he never treated that son different than he treated his own kids.... so I'd say just wait and see... he more than likely will treat them the same.... except everyone is going to be paying alot of attention to the baby the real test will be years from now... see how he treats them then

traren

Answer by traren at 12:49 AM on May. 18, 2011