How can I get him to propose? adult content

I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years and we have an almost 4 month old daughter ( she was a huge surprise!) but he has mentioned proposal before and so have I but it seems like he wants to wait a liitlw longer than I! I would marry him in a heartbeat and it worries me that obviously he doesnt feel the same or he would have proposed already...We are not living together by the way and he definately knows that I really want him to propose and soon.. I dont want to nag but how can I try to get him to speed things up a bit?

KinsleysMommy15

Asked by KinsleysMommy15 at 10:09 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Propose to him??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:10 PM on May. 17, 2011

• you can't make him do it....you have to wait until he's ready to do it. if you push too hard and nag too much then it's only going to make him want to run away honestly.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:11 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Honestly, I would say after 4 years, if he hasn't proposed to you by now, he's not going to.
    Anonymous

• After 4 years and a baby and he hasn't yet. Give him an ultimatum.

Answer by louise2 at 10:13 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Remind him how much he means the world to you and tell him how you wouldn't want to be with any other person int he world. That your family and dreams of a complete family are coming true more and more each day.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 10:13 PM on May. 17, 2011

• If that don't work I would say I love you enough to have my child around you and have your baby, what's it's gonna be me or street...
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 10:16 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Honestly, you can't make him propose, especially if you are wanting to make him want to propose... You can try to pressure him into doing it, but that's most likely going to backfire and make him want to do it even less, and make him resent you.

You can propose to him, and see what he says. But, if you do that, I would also be careful about trying to pressure him into marrying you (we've been together this long, we have a kid together, we have to / should get married) - because even if that worked, it's not going to be a good basis to start a marriage on, and it will almost certainly cause problems down the road for you guys.

Honestly, I would tell him that you love him, and that you love your child that you have together, and that you want to get married and live together as a family with him, and that you don't want to wait any longer for this. If he says yes - wonderful :-)

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:24 PM on May. 17, 2011

• cont

If he says yes, then wonderful :-) But if he says no, then, honestly, as this point, as painful as it is, I would end the relationship. Because after 4 yrs and a child together and him knowing that you are wanting to be married, if he doesn't love you enough to want to marry you then, I hate to say it but he probably won't ever. It would be horrible for you to be the long term girlfriend that he's with because you've been together so long and your relationship is comfortable and easy, but he just won't commit to, just to be cut loose later when / if he meets the person he is willing to commit to... :-(

NOT that I think he will do that - I'm just saying tell him honestly how you feel - that you love him, and want to be married to him, without trying to pressure him into making him do it - and see what he says. His answer will tell you a lot about where you stand and where this is going to go long term...

gl!!!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:28 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I would normally say not to push these sorta things, but 4 years and a baby and your not living together? I would gently let him know your expectations and propose to him.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:30 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I'm glad u asked this i'm having this same problem. I think we can just talk about wedding stuff maybe our men will get the hint.lol
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:32 PM on May. 17, 2011