I am 30 weeks preggo and don't know the sex of the baby. I may be able to find out on Tuesday. Should I keep it a surprise or find out?

During my 20 week ultrasound I REALLY wanted to find out the sex of the baby. My baby was uncooperative with that though and hid everything from us. My baby shower is tomorrow so we are going with neutral colors for everything. Then on Tuesday I have an ultrasound scheduled. I still really want to know the sex of the baby but for no purpose other than just to know. My SO wants to know as well.

My question is... is it that much fun of a surprise to find out at the birth or do you think that it is more fun to know early and shop for blue or pink???

I am torn and your responses may sway me one way or another!

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 7:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• come on mama,just wait a few more weeks and let it be a surprise!it will be that much more exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you have waited this long!good luck
    MOM23GIRLS862

Answer by MOM23GIRLS862 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Oh i couldnt wait.. i was at my OB for an ultrasound almost every week to find out the sex. Little munchkin was hiding it all the time.. haha. I dont like the neutral colors and stuff... Well of course, there are a lot of totally cute neutral color cloth and stuff, but i wanted to buy a special furniture for my little girl.. it was either white/blue (prince style) or white/pink (princess style).. with crowns and all that stuff... i wanted to have the perfect princess or prince room for my little one... and im not a very patient person either.. .so i just HAD TO know it .. haha

i was like 25 or 27 weeks pregnant when we found out its a girl :D

for my wallet, i wish i wouldnt have known about the sex before birth.. HAHA...
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Wait a few more weeks! The baby shower is already done in neutrals, so wait for the surprise!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I would just find otu,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 7:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• If you really wanna know, find out. If you would rather be surprised- do that. It was neat for us to just find out when she was born.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 7:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• We were in the same boat with my DD. We never could see what we were having in the U/S. our last U/S was at 34weeks and still nothing! So finaly I said oh whatever, its a girl to me! I thought all along that it was a girl! And sure enough she was born without us every having her sex determined. It was so great! But if you are dying to know like we were, then keep at it, soon enough you will have your baby! Whether you find out or not! Good luck!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 8:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2008