Is there a Houdini proof car seat?

My 2yr old keeps unbuckling her car seat. I have it tightened and she still manages to get out. 5 point harness type. by graco.

luvherdawg

Asked by luvherdawg at 10:41 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Find s cover for it. They have ones that Velcro over the buckle and clip so they can't see it. Out of sight, out of mind
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:42 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Stop the car and put her back in and sternly tell her NO!!! Do this everytime until she learns.

Teach her not to, don't buy more and more childproof stuff.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:43 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh and if the straps were on as tight as they should be, they shouldn't be able to get out.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:12 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I dont know about that one never had that problem. I did have my at the tim 2yr old son open the car door while I was driving on the hw some one had unlocked the safety lock.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 1:55 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yea, I wouldn't keep buying too much child proof stuff for a car seat either in case of an emergency. But I would definitely do what BradenIsMySon said in the first post because your child is going to have to learn to mind you when safety is involved.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 2:26 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't add any attachments to a buckle. Emergencies happen that you need to get them out fast. My 19 month old is always wiggling out of her car seat. I just stop the car, tell her no in a firm voice and put her back in... It is a constant battle, and we are on the road slot driving to get my step daughter 2 hours away on the weekends. I have no solution. I'm in the same boat as you.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:16 AM on May. 19, 2011

• well I hope you know the fact that it is not a magic trick happening, hopefully you are paying attention! other than that, nothing to say
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:53 AM on May. 19, 2011