Have you ever been paid for work you did for someone in something other than money?

I know we have several times, especially if it is for someone who is in desperate need for something. For example, my LP has done some electrical work for guy in exchange for him processing an elk for him.

I wonder if this sort of thing has picked up since people have been tight on money and losing their jobs.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:47 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• I drive an old lady around every weekend and she gives me weird crap to "pay" me like last time I got a box of dominoes.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:49 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Barter economy! I wish it happened more often. My Granny has paid me in merchandise in the past when I've helped around one of her stores (she's had little second hand shops for profit or for charity along with other business ventures).
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 11:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My husband pays me with hugs, kisses, and sex all the timelaughing

mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 11:39 PM on May. 17, 2011

• YES IVE DONE HOUSECLEANING FOR EXCHANGE FOR 2 DAYS OF BABYSITTING FOR ME
    anna275

Answer by anna275 at 12:02 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes, I have dog sat in exchange for driving lessons for my oldest son. I can't drive anymore and my ex's parents were going out of town and needed their dogs taken care of and since grandpa used to teach driver's ed he taught my son to drive... he woulda done it anyways and I woulda watched the dogs for nothing but that is how it happened to work out.
    '
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:58 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes, and I've learned to only do it when you really need what the other person has. I am an online marketing consultant for small business owners and it seems like just about everyone I talk to wants to do trade! But it's hard to pay your bills when that's how you're getting paid...the utility company doesn't usually take "trade", lol. So now I only do trade with services and products I need like my bookkeeper. One client I have wants to pay me in massages! Please. Massages are nice but they don't pay the bills!
    HealthyMom62

Answer by HealthyMom62 at 8:31 AM on May. 18, 2011

• No, but my BF has.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:52 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I barter my products for products all the time. It is great :)
    AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 4:43 PM on May. 21, 2011