are bestfriends or just friends??????HELP?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so i have this bf ive known her since the 6th grade were 21 now...but she has two bestfriends me and another girl n she met at the same time she met me....so my bf had a batism for her son but she only asked her other bf to be the god parents..i went to the batism n i felt left out not part of it...and she always tells me that im like her sister....so am i her bestfriend or just her friend????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• You are probably. Still her best friend but. So thing that she probably considered is which has a more stable life... I am not saying you are not stable she just may have found that her other friend is more stable
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 7:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You're still her best friend. She can only have one godmother. I bet it was really hard for her to choose. Maybe you should try to put yourself in her shoes.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 7:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I agree with the above statement...she could only choose one and had to make a really tough decision (that included her hubby) and made the best decision she could for her child. Don't know if the other lady has other children, ages, home life etc, but I'm sure she had a tough time with it (I've been wracking my brain for 11 years trying to decide who I would want my kids to live with if hubby and I are in an accident that leaves our children "orphans" and I still can't make the choice because I feel like I'd be betraying someone if I make a choice)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• in some cultures and religions, the role of godparent is directly related to the religious aspect. In other words, if something where to happen to the parents, the godparents would be responsible for ensuring the child receives a full exposure to the parent's religion of choice. This is what happened to me with by brother and SIL. I am not godparent to either of my nephews and at first it bothered me, but then it was explained that since bro and sil are catholic and I am not, they wanted godparents in the childrens lives that could carry on that tradition if osmething happened to them. I am in bro and sil's will as the person who would raise the boys if they were no longer here. Don't take it too personally....and BTW: i have never kept in touch with my godparents, but I am super close to my mom's best friends and sisters.
    Anonymous