Do you have any fruit trees at your house? And do you use the fruit frequently?

We have a pear tree and a cherry tree. We use the cherry tree more than the pear tree, but nothing really gets wasted because I always send some home with my family members when they come by. My oldest loves to pick the fruit, so I just send her out with a basket.

It is about the only thing I am going to miss when we move...I would definitely want to plant another cherry tree, and maybe a peach tree or something at the new house.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:59 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have a fig tree. I was raised with a fig tree in my backyard so I was so happy to see one in the backyard here before we bought the house. Friends came over last year and took a bunch but I haven't been able to use them yet. I have plans though. I've collected some glass containers over the year so that I can make preserves. I've been checking on them but they're not ripe yet, still green, but I need to start watering the tree so they'll be good and juicy when they ripen. I love fresh figs! It would be awesome to have a cherry tree too, love cherries too.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:15 PM on May. 17, 2011

• No but the people across the street have an apple tree and they told the kids they can pick and eat as many apples as they want as long as they don't throw them or crush them or make a mess of them. I'm not sure what kind of apples they are but they were really juicy.
    There's also some wild berry bushes behind our house. They block access to the train tracks and grow wild all over the place. They are some kind of blackberry. I'm sure the kids will be picking and eating those this summer.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:20 PM on May. 17, 2011

• We have a very tall pear tree and two nearly dead cherry trees. We have a crazy friend that will scamper up the cherry trees and get the few cherries there are but the crows and squirrels get most of them. Our first spring here we got a few pears from the lowest branches, but the critters got most of them. I called the local gleaners (they pick and give it to local food banks) but the tree was too tall! Last spring, a big windstorm blew most of the blossoms off so there was hardly any fruit!
    pampire

Answer by pampire at 11:24 PM on May. 17, 2011

• we have a banana tree
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 4:06 AM on May. 18, 2011

• We don't, but my dad has orange trees and we take all we can get from them because we love oranges and they are expensive even here in FL.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:39 AM on May. 18, 2011

• We have a banana tree, a pear tree & a fruit cocktail tree (apricots, plums, peaches & nectarines all grafted onto one tree), but none of them are producing yet because they're too young.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:48 AM on May. 18, 2011

• HOLY CRAP!!!! I want a fruit cocktail tree! I am so super jealous right now!!!!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:52 AM on May. 18, 2011

• No, but hope to at our next home.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:52 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I have a couple of apple trees but deer keep eating the apples.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 1:23 PM on May. 18, 2011

• yes, apple, pear and apricot
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:27 PM on May. 18, 2011