Couponing

ok were watching extreme couponing... im all for using coupons to save money but how many hours would you actually spend a week going through and organiziing coupons?? this lady spends 70 a week!!! i dont think so lol

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 11:01 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i coupon for diapers and a couple other food items but not like that
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:03 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I know..I love that show, but some of those women spend more time doing that each week than the average person spends working. It's nuts!
    BananaMuffins

Answer by BananaMuffins at 11:03 PM on May. 17, 2011

• 2 hours on Sunday and maybe a smidgen in between. That's all.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:07 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I go through the Sunday paper and maybe spend half an hour. No way would I spend 70 hours a week on it, imagine what she could earn if she got a real job?!?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:08 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Don't get me wrong...I love my coupons...but I spend about 2 hours a week clipping coupons, comparing sale ads, and making a list, but my time is valuable too. you would have to save over $500 a week to make spending 70 hours worth it, since you could make more working a minimum wage job in that time.

I also think that it leads a lot of people to hoarding and just simply irrational behavior. I have a stockpile of things we use a lot of, because why not buy it when it is on sale, but when it comes to the point that you "can't" pass up a sale or that you need an extra room for your extras...it is time to slow down!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:10 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I cut out two Sunday newspaper's worth of coupons, as well as one magazine. I think I had around 100 coupons. When I finally went through them, there was nothing I needed! So, I sold them on eBay! LOL! I will never waste my time again. I prefer to shop at Sam's anyway. I've not watched the show, but a local girl was on the second episode.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:11 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I spend about an hour a week and save about $20 a shopping trip. 70 hours is way too much! She has a problem.
    pampire

Answer by pampire at 11:21 PM on May. 17, 2011

• wow that's a job lol i get what i need
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:44 PM on May. 17, 2011