How can I encourage my fiance to be more involved with the discipline of his 15 year old (a difficult child since he was young). Looks like dad is giving up on him.

Instead of dealing with an issue, my fiance will often say "he won't do it anyway" or "I've tried plenty of times when he was younger." I was raised in a well disciplined family and I can't stand how the 15 year old is dictating how the house runs and how messy it should look like. Any advice anyone?

MarieEve

Asked by MarieEve at 7:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Let your fiance know that his son is at an age where he needs to be given clear and concise rules and guidelines to follow. If he doesnt discipline his son now, then it will create problems in the future. Let him know he cant give up and he needs to lay down the law with his son...even if it means standing on top of his head and making him do something!
    princesshareen

Answer by princesshareen at 3:26 AM on Dec. 7, 2008