Cant forget and wont forgive

though i love him and i am now carrying his child i cant forget the pass and i can not forgive him for all the hurt in my life. He is a serial cheater and a liar butnow he says he want to make it work for our children. but i cant just go along with the program just because he wants it now when i gave my all before. I am building a strong hate against him and i am so full of resentment towards him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• it is understandable for you feeling this way and especially now when you are pregnant ,Have you set a time limit ,or a trial period to see if his behaviour has changed for real ,sometimes this spurs them into thinking about what they are going to lose.You need to think about your future with him ,before you have the baby,there is no point in staying with someone just for the sake of a child ,it makes it harder when they are involved ,good luck .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Look, here's the deal. You have experienced enough pain that EVEN if he is telling the truth (and I am skeptical) and wants to make it work, you are not able to get through this without outside help. You are pregnant and emotionally, that compounds the challenge.

I suggest couples counseling - if you want to make it work and see if he is serious, you have to be able to move past what is now history. Living in the past will only help the resentment, anger and mistrust build. And please don't think it is like "letting him off the hook" by letting the past stay in the past. I am not suggesting that..what I am saying is that you both have to deal with the issues in the present, which are mistrust, hurt, anger, broken promises/commitments, AND rebuilding trust (or discovering if you want to). Please get counseling..it will help you see the forest for the trees, and will show how serious he really is.
    Anonymous

• I dont know why your with him then if you cannot forget nor forgive

If you made your mind already about this which seems like you already have,
    I wouldnt even consider it anymore
    I know i wouldnt be with someone whom can risk disease to me or my child,
    While in the womb i wish you the best of luck, and when you dump this loser your kid will thank you in the long run!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 7:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2008