How do u know when u should quit your job?

i work 2 days a week so i can get out of the house and go to a diffrent enviornment but by the time im off for the day all the drama is so stressfull i am miserable

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 11:31 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• That depends on how bad you need the money. If you don't and the stress is causing you problems in other areas of your life, then respectfully quitting might be a good idea. Don't tell your bosses your quiting due to drama, tell them you want to be a stay at home mom or that you have a family crisis that needs your attention. If you plan on going back to work full time ever again, you will need them to provid a good reference.
    jllcali

Answer by jllcali at 8:51 AM on May. 18, 2011

• leave when you have another job or don't need the one you've got. Being miserable isn't worth it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:33 PM on May. 17, 2011

• When your job stresses you so much and you feel miserable and have to drag yourself in each day, than its time to make the decision to move on.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:34 PM on May. 17, 2011

• A lady at my work who had been there like 30 years told me she was going to stay until they "damn pissed her off." She walked past me and said "yep, they have damn pissed me off", loaded up her stuff and left. It was funny. But if u can afford to get away from the drama, I would.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:35 PM on May. 17, 2011

• When it makes you miserable. If you need the money, start looking for a new job. If you don't, you can quit and find a volunteer position.
    pampire

Answer by pampire at 11:42 PM on May. 17, 2011

• PERSONIVE I WOULDNT LEAVE TILL I HAD ANOTHER JOB PLUS THAT MIGHT GIVE YOU ENOUGH TIME TO SEE IF THE OTHER JOB IS REALLY A LOSE
    anna275

Answer by anna275 at 11:50 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I have NEVER stayed at a job i HATE. Life is too short.
    (PS feel free to ask me what I do - I LOVE it)
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 10:22 AM on May. 18, 2011

• When you have another job lined up ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:50 PM on May. 18, 2011

• You quit your job when you have a written offer from another company

Answer by rkoloms at 8:09 PM on May. 18, 2011