In tears over medical issues

It feels like it's harder to breathe since Feb of this year. I was hospitalized for something different but they took a lung scan because of my shortness of breath. The dr told me during discharge that something in my chest was enlarged (no I do not remember the name. He said it shrinks during infancy and it's at the bottom in the sternum I think). When I asked him what I need to do he told me to get an MRI in a year. He told me he didn't want to tell me the symptoms because then I would stress and worry too soon possibly. Anyway, I ran a race a few days ago and I have had a strong cough and shortness of breath since. I only get relief when I sit up. Sleeping hasn't been easy since the race.

I don't know what to do or where to start. I hate doctors. I was dealing with Kaiser. Maybe I should change insurance? Anyone dealing with anything similar??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Health

• I have Kaiser. If that doctor is jerking you around, go to another one and make demands! I'm having to do that too. Sorry and good luck!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• HUGS
    kathy067j

Answer by kathy067j at 11:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think it's time to get yourself another doctor. If that doctor can't do anything about your problem, it's time. Have you been to a pulmanologist? A doctor that specializes in breathing.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:02 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Get a new doctor. This guy didn't want to tell you the symptoms so you wouldn't stress? How about informing you of the symptoms so you know what to look for and can seek proper treatment if they are dangerous or life threatening???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I have not seen a pulmanologist. I will talk to my PCP about referring me. I did some research and found exercise-induced pulmonary edema which sounds a lot like what happened to me after my race. I may have to order my medical records from the Feb hospital stay to follow up on whatever had enlarged somewhere in my chest.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:28 AM on May. 18, 2011

• At anon, I asked him if shortness of breathe is one of them and he just started laughing and said, "See now you're going to start worrying. Just get an MRI in a year."
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:30 AM on May. 18, 2011